The Byre & The Kabin
Inchnadamph, Lairg, Sutherland
The Byre is located in the fertile limestone grassland of Inchnadamph (Gaelic for meadow of the stags) on the North Coast 500. This corner of the rugged North West Scottish Highlands is known for capturing hearts and souls with high numbers of regular return visitors. Inchnadamph is renowned for its beauty, geology, wildlife, fishing, historical sites, walking and caving but is equally suited to those looking for a family holiday or quick break. Enjoy the peace and quiet with views of Conival, Quinag and Canisp at the head of Loch Assynt where the deer regularly graze a few feet away. Fishing is available on Loch Assynt and other local lochs through Assynt Angling Club. Lochinver is quick 13mile drive away and the nearest sandy beach is 15 miles (Achmelvich).
There are different accommodation options available:
• The Byre – self-catering room, sleeps 3.
• Kirkton Kabin – indoor camping, sleeps 3.
The ByreRoom Rate From £50 - £70 Per Night.
This self-contained, upper floor room is accessed by an external stair and offers self-catering accommodation. The spacious room sleeps three with a balcony area giving guests the chance to admire the setting sun over Loch Assynt while watching the wandering stags.
• One double and single bed.
• En suite facilities, shower and toilet.
• The room is equipped with a fridge, microwave, kettle, toaster, TV/DVD player.
• WIFI access.
• Balcony with seating, table and herbs for picking.
• A separate kitchenette is available offering self-catering cooking facilities.
• Private off - road parking.
Kirkton KabinRates From £20 - £30 Per Night.
Ideally located Kirkton Kabin lies, on the Cape Wrath Trail, at the head of Loch Assynt surrounded by Conival, Quinag and Canisp. Convenient location for North Coast 500 travellers. The Kabin is a brick-built one room building, formerly the old telephone exchange. It offers campers, cyclists and backpackers a break from sleeping under canvas with a comfortable bed and hot shower.
• Double and single bed.
• Small dining table.
• Access to electric sockets.
• Sheets and pillows (duvet and towels are available for an extra charge).
• A separate building a few metres away houses a toilet/shower room.
• Outdoor table and seats.
• Outside cooking table for own gas stove.
• Outdoor washing up sink.
• Private off-road parking.
For more information, please email or contact us on 01571 822213.
Please note that map locations may be approximate.
Some of the Amenities available are:Pets Accepted
Wireless Broadband Available
Off Street Parking
Book this accommodation
To make a reservation or to request more information about staying at this accommodation
Call the owner, Jane Matheson on 01571 822213 or, send an email below.